06 August 2013

Some BG:Fall of the Reich Playtest Pics

Well - it's been longer than I planned - but I had "hell week" last week so all my plans kind of fell out the window. 

But anyway - before that all happened I did get in a pretty decent game of Battlegroup: Fall of the Reich.  Greg and I played two German 500 point lists versus Leigh and Mick running two British 500 point lists.  This is not a proper AAR as sadly my batteries were running out as soon as I turned the camera on - so just some set-up and first turn photos here:

We played on an 11.5' x 5' table which looked like this:


That's the German end - you can see a couple of our improvised barricades blocking two of the roads in the foreground and towards the middle of the table (If you look closely) you can see our intial forces deployed.

This is the view from the British end:



You can see Leigh's 25 pdr's set up here.  They seriously annoyed us for the entire game, with my planned barrage on their location (I guessed where they would place their guns) pinned them for a round but failed to permanently silence them.

Here's some photos of my FlaK Battery:








These 3 guns caused some real problems for the British - at one point I managed to knock out a M5 Half-track about 60" away - was rather chuffed with that - and surprisingly enough, by the end of the game (9 turns) the 88 in the gun pit was still alive and kicking.

Greg deployed 3 StuGs at the start of the game:




But sadly one was lost right at the start of the game:



They used all their smoke/flames here in a vain attempt to undermine our morale!

Our Timed Barrages and 2 x 120mm mortars got a bit of their own back though:





Unfortunately it was around here that my batteries died - so I was unable to take a photo of the bus driving on my Volksgrenadier platoon, delivering them to the front lines, surviving an artillery barrage, and driving of the table.  An excellent investment!

We had a great day playing and another exellent game of BG:FoTR

Back to the Cold War next - I promise!

Richard

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Richard! My mate and I are playing the BG Barbarossa "Last Line" campaign and having a blast. 6 or so games in the past fortnight!
    I have a few BatReps on my blog - here is the Day 2 summary if you are interested:

    https://tasmancave.blogspot.com.au/2018/01/battlegroup-barbarossa-campaign-day-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Just noticed you are in Sydney, like me. Let me know if you want to get together for some BG gaming (including NORTHAG - looking forward to that)

      Delete