Ahh yes - time for another side project - although I have a sort of excuse for this one.
A mate has asked me to build and paint for him seven Revell Marder 1A3s and a couple of Revell Leopard 1A5s. Last weekend I started the Leopards and as I was building them (it takes me a while) I decided to throw in one of my own Leopard 1A5 kits I have been holding onto in order to build a Bergepanzer 2.
Back in May last year I reported that Hobbyden was planning on bringing out a conversion set for a Bergepanzer 2. I subsequently got my hands on the conversion set and had been waiting for the right day to try putting it together.
It was all relatively straight forward, once I managed to find some pics that showed me the back of the Bergepanzer and this is how the build turned out (apologies in advance for the quick and dirty photos):
Just for clarity - all the dark green bits are from the Revell kit, and all the white bits are the Hobbyden conversion set.
I had a couple of bits left over that I wasn't sure of, and I had to glue the dozer blade in a fairly high position directly to the front of the model to hid some gaps between the resin hull and the plastic chassis.
All-in-all though I'm very happy with how this has turned out and it will be painted when I finish the Leo 1A5 build and get to painting them. Just have to decide on all Yellow-Olive or NATO three tone camo. Decisions, decisions...